Did you know that in the past 3 years, 324 participants from 52 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Growing uncertainty and competition in the global airline industry is forcing airlines to reinvent their marketing strategies. This course looks at the latest airline marketing and commercial trends to help you revamp your marketing practices.
As the customer becomes the central focus of airline marketing strategy, this course also provides insight into tools for assessing your target markets and developing a long-term relationship with your customer.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 21 - Nov 24, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
6 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
This course will help you take a holistic approach to marketing by showing you:
- The internal and external factors to consider when building a marketing strategy
- Key market research methods to segment your markets and understand customer needs
- An overview of the airline products and services currently on the market
- How to focus on the customer in your decision making processes to create loyalty
- Integrate your marketing strategy into all of your business decisions
- Aviation performance and regulatory overview
- 5-Factors Analysis of the airline industry
- Airline industry financial outlook
- Business models: legacy versus low cost carriers
- Trends and opportunities
- Market research
- Planning process
- PEST (political, economic, socio-cultural, technological factors)
- SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
- Market research methods and outcomes
- Analysis of findings
- Segmentation and targeting
- Customer focus strategy
- Customer needs analysis
- Customer acquisition and retention
- Product, Price, Place, Promotion – the 4Ps for airlines
- Loyalty programs
- Integrating multiple marketing channels
- Brand and product management
- Practical experience utilizing group assignments and case studies.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Managers in other business units
- Support staff who work in sales and marketing departments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: