Did you know that in the past 3 years, 630 participants from 72 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Quality Management Systems lay the framework for consistent performance throughout an airline’s activities. This course provides an introduction to QMS components and objectives that you can establish within your operations.
Learn the key regulatory and operational requirements for designing and controlling an efficient QMS, then practice your skills in process mapping, procedure writing and audit finding review during a series of practical exercises.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 08 - Oct 11, 2019 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the quality requirements of key regulatory bodies and national authorities such as ISO, EASA, and FAA
- Outline the key practices required to maintain a QMS: the quality policy, procedures, audit, and reports
- Develop your process mapping and procedure writing skills
- Prepare yourself for further specialization and training in QMS implementation
- ISO 9000 family and quality requirements
- Quality policy
- Quality manual and its contents
- Management review process
- Process management
- Establishing processes
- Planning and writing procedures
- Document control
- Which elements to control and how
- Planning a document infrastructure
- Audit management
- Measuring compliance
- Root cause analysis
- Developing and initiating a corrective action plan
- Levels of non-conformity
- QMS and Safety Management System (SMS) parallels
- Regulatory requirements for safety
- Integrating QMS and SMS
Who should attend
This course is designed for airline staff, including:
- Management new to the field of quality
- Quality internal auditors
- Operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.