Discover the techniques applied by airlines to derive revenue from seat sales to maximize profitability.
Course formatThis course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply pricing strategies
Use strategies to generate revenue through correct application of optimal seat allocation
Make correct decisions in order to optimize revenue on a given flight
Build a successful airline revenue management organization
Understand why low-cost airlines require a revenue management system
Graduates of this course can enroll in the Revenue Management and Pricing with Simulation course.
- Managing airline passenger demand
- Seat inventory control
- Scheduling and capacity adjustments
- Product distribution
- Revenue management organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry level airline revenue management analysts
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Customer service representatives and supervisors
- Interline department staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.