What is revenue management and why is it needed in the airline industry of today and tomorrow? As competition and various economic pressures increase, all airlines, full service and low cost carriers alike, need to maximize revenue in order to succeed and grow. As airlines adapt their business processes and models to meet the current challenges facing the industry, revenue management provides a number of strategies to help increase and maximize revenue.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply pricing strategies
- Use strategies to generate revenue through correct application of optimal seat allocation
- Make correct decisions in order to optimize revenue on a given flight
- Build a successful airline revenue management organization
- Understand why low-cost airlines require a revenue management system
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA Airline Revenue Management content
- Managing Airline Passenger Demand
- Seat Inventory Control
- Scheduling and Capacity Adjustments
- Product Distribution
- Revenue management organization
- Harvard ManageMentor modules
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline revenue management analysts – entry level
- Airline Marketing and Sales personnel
- Customer service representatives and supervisors>
- Interline department staff
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
IATA ExamHarvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 IATA Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.