Did you know that in the past 3 years, 502 participants from 57 countries have taken this course with IATA?
During the five days of the airline safety investigation course, airline staff members will learn how to participate in an aircraft accident and serious incident investigation, in accordance with ICAO Annex 13 Standards. You will also learn about the concepts, techniques and tools necessary for your airline to conduct effective internal safety investigations. Special attention is given to understanding the underlying causes of accidents and incidents in order to improve safety and prevent future occurrences.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 29 - Aug 02, 2019 - Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe basic processes underlying the management of safety by an airline
- Explain basic concepts of Human Factors in aviation
- List key human performance issues relevant to flight operations
- Describe the importance of the airline safety reporting program for internal safety investigations
- Apply important tools for the airline internal safety investigation
- Outline the role your airline and nominated staff should play when assisting in the investigation of an accident
- The management of safety
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Human Factors in safety investigations
- Safety investigator’s guide to operational error
- Human Performance in safety investigations
- Airline internal safety investigation
- Airline internal safety investigation training
- Airline safety reporting program
- State accident investigation – Annex 13
- Organization and planning of an investigation
- Conduct of the investigation
- The Operator “go-team”
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operational and technical airline staff
- Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: