DescriptionPrices & Registration
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 176 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Keep your aerodrome facilities up-to-standard, meeting the latest certification requirements.
Gain detailed knowledge on aerodrome operator obligations in order to assess your facility’s level of compliance. Learn how to recommend structural changes and improve day-to-day operations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport layout, operations and facilities
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 17 - Feb 21, 2020 - Colombia, Bogota (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Review key topics in the Manual on the Certification of Aerodromes
Understand the certification regulatory system, certification model regulations and procedures
Identify and measure the impacts of the certification requirements on the operations of an aeorodrome
Understand and fulfill the respective roles and responsibilities of the aerodrome operator and the regulator
Learn aerodrome operator obligations to ICAO: Annex 14, emergency response plan, safety management system and aerodrome manual
Put theories into practice through a course integration exercise
- Standard and requirements
- EU 216/2008 and EU 1108/2009
- EU 139/2014
- EASA Certification specifications and guidance material
ICAO Annex 14
ICAO Aerodrome certification requirements
Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs)
- Apron safety management and AVOTP
- Safety standards
- Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Operational safety during construction
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aerodrome operators
- Airside personnel
- CAA personnel
- Compliance inspectors
- Airport planners
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.