Airport and ground operations processes involve several well defined activities that need to be completed on a timely basis for specific objectives to be achieved. In cases where such activities cannot be completed on time, certain decisions are required. Such decisions may result in a change in priorities or the activation of an alternative course of action. Most decisions can impact several of the partners concerned with the process and therefore the decisions should be made collaboratively. In practice this collaboration is often missing, with the result that the decisions made adversely affect one or more partners and hence the overall operation.
In this course you will learn how to apply the techniques of collaborative decision making (CDM) in the context of airports (A-CDM) and ground operations, and how to unleash the power of shared information so that the impact of decisions on the work of the partners’ operations becomes visible. Learn how to build trust among partners to ensure the willingness to both share information and use the shared information, resulting in better informed decisions and increase the efficiency of airports and the on-time-performance of ground operations. Presented in the context of Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) and the process-based business service oriented reinterpretation of the original A-CDM concept, this course brings to you the next development level of A-CDM that is even more powerful, adaptable and quality-oriented than its predecessor.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have a good knowledge of the processes involved in aircraft turnaround and terminal services
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 04 - Mar 06, 2020 - Korea, Republic of, Incheon (IAAA-HST)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design and run an A-CDM project based on TBO and business services
- Explain the A-CDM concept as a way of working
- Build trust among partners to facilitate the sharing of information
- Maximize the use of shared information to build efficiency
- Streamline airport and ground operations processes to gain benefits
- Describe Trajectory Based Operations
- Discuss the power of business services and business rules
- Develop the A-CDM concept to even higher levels of partner benefits
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers
- Ground operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.