Did you know that in the past 5 years, 426 participants from 75 countries have taken this course with IATA?
The Emergency Response Plan (ERP) is an invaluable tool for all airport stakeholders, providing clear direction for action and exposing pain points that could aggravate a real response.
This course helps you to develop a response plan that brings together aircraft operators, airport authorities, ground service providers and state emergency response agencies.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport operations
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 21 - Oct 25, 2019 - Germany, Frankfurt (FRA-RTP)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what are ICAO's Standards and Recommended Practices for emergency planning at airports
- Meet the legal responsibility to manage emergencies at an airport
- Coordinate a response plan among the airfield and ground service departments, as well as various outside agencies
- Develop table top and full scale emergency drills
- Evaluate crisis management systems at aerodromes and identify required improvements
- Regulatory requirements
- Basics of Aviation Emergency Management
- Coordination an inter-dependency
- Roles and responsibilities of Airports and GSP
- Emergency Response leadership skills
- Tasks – actions – workplaces
- Notification – alarm – alarm plans
- Special assistance team / Humanitarian Response
- The ‘Toolbox’ of responsible staff
- Drafting a plan
- Training and exercises
- Business Continuity
- Course review and Examination
- Regulatory publications
These regulatory publications are referenced in the course:
- Airport Services Manual, Part 7, Airport Emergency Planning, ICAO
- Annex 14, Chapter 9, ICAO
- Manual of Certification of Aerodromes, Doc 9774, Part 4, ICAO
- Advisory Circular 150/5200-31C, FAA
- Case studies
- Video presentations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency Response Planning Managers
- Operations Managers of Airport Operators
- Station Managers and Duty Officers
- State authorities involved in airport emergency response planning
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.