Did you know that in the past 5 years, 83 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Over the next decade airports need to expand and diversify their business in order to keep up with the increasing demand for air travel, and financing this development can be challenging.
Improve your understanding of the air transportation system, and analyze current financial industry trends and how they impact your airport. Examine the importance of implementing strong management control systems and learn how to successfully forecast your business. Evaluate the benefits of efficient customer service and how it relates to a successful pricing strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have basic knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 16 - Apr 20, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Assess financial performance and forecast demand
Manage shareholder relations
Evaluate privatization and re-structuring options
Understand and accommodate the needs of customers
Analyze the industry's financial trends and their impact on strategy and operations
- Current events in aviation
- Air policy liberalization
Low cost airlines
- Managing airport privatization
- Risk elements
Developing a business plan
- Analyzing airport costs
- Controlling operational costs
- Analyzing revenue and profitability
Cost re-balancing process
- Managing shareholder relations
- Attracting capital
Capital funding sources
Managing shareholder value
- Airport pricing strategies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airport and Airline Managers, Accountants, Treasurers and Controllers
Financial Managers and Analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.