Did you know that in the past 4 years, 140 participants from 29 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Airports operate in a highly competitive environment, and are increasingly generating revenue through ancillary services. Using the latest marketing methods, this course provides tools to maximize profit within your catchment area by attracting retailers and service providers. Learn to customize your marketing campaigns to bring in new airlines and a higher flight frequency.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 03 - Feb 07, 2020 - United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Market your airport to airlines, retailers and passengers
Use market research tools
Prepare and develop a marketing plan
Design customized marketing campaigns
Apply key marketing theories and concepts to your business
- Strategic marketing and business planning
- Airline route analysis
- Marketing process and planning
- Marketing intelligence and market data
- Airline management concepts (Passenger traffic analysis, Route capacity, Revenue and cost projection, etc.)
- Airline product specifications
- Air services development
- Joint marketing promotions
- Retail marketing
- Airport land development objectives
- Property marketing
- Achieving differentiation
- Marketing roles and responsibilities
- Outsource and contract management approaches
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authority representatives
Route Development Managers
Marketing agencies, customer-research firms
Business development professionals at airport operators
Airport and aviation industry managers related to marketing and commercial functions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.