DescriptionPrices & Registration
Good planning and analytics are key in optimizing all the operational areas at an airport. It ensures better utilization of infrastructure, improved passenger experience, and reduced wait-times at flow bottle necks. It also improves utilization of check-in infrastructure and flexible allocation (room for growth, delay/cancel expensive expansion projects, reduced queues in flow areas).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Airport Operations, Terminal procedures, and Basic planning elements
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain better understanding of airport operations and how the various operational areas of the airport affect each other
- Utilize the methodology taught to improve the analytics and planning of their airport
- Get deep insight of planning and the correlation with actual operational optimization
- Complete an evaluation of systems and tools to build or acquire to improve operational planning and processes
- Operational Optimization
- Planning of security lane openings (reduced wait times and optimized staffing)
- Staff planning
- Savings in CAPEX and OPEX using existing infrastructure
- Passenger flow management
- Structuring of teams for analysis
- Use of analytics and planning tools for improved planning
- Case studies
- Examples for application of analytics
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport Operations Managers
- Airport Analytics Specialist
- Airport Planners
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.