The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in printed textbook or eBook format. This course requires approximately 40 hours of individual study, including and a mandatory final exam.
What you will learn
This course gives you an understanding of:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
Standard operating procedures
Ramp security awareness
Future developments in the sector of ramp services
Download the course outline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
The IATA Airport Ramp Services course covers the many aspects of below the wing operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Therefore, the IGOM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Airport Ramp Services course textbook
- Two exam attempts to obtain your IATA Certificate
- The latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM), Software Web Download * (Single User License) **
* Please check the system requirements for the installation of the IGOM
** Find out more about the IATA Ground Operations Manual
The IGOM Software Web Download * (Single User License) represents a value of $155 included in the price of this course!