The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA Airport Ramp Services content
- Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Ramp security awareness
- Future developments in the sector of ramp services
This course covers the many aspects of below the wing operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Therefore, the IGOM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
*Please check the system requirements and technical specifications for the installation of the IGOM
- The Airport Ramp Services course textbook
- The latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license)
The IGOM software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license) represents a value of $141 included in the price of this course!
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 IATA Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.