Did you know that in the past 3 years, 300 participants from 41 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Safety compliance in airside safety operations is the key to avoiding costly incidents and damaging accidents. This course will demonstrate how to align with the latest regulations and best practices, providing detailed explanations on the role of airside safety in the Safety Management System (SMS).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply fundamental procedures to protect the aircraft from damage and ground staff from harm
- Eliminate or control potential hazards
- Identify and manage “human factors” with the greatest influence on airside safety
- Improve overall airside safety performance and operational efficiency
- Airport environment terminology and layouts
- Safety culture
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- SMS (ICAO framework): introduction
- Human factors in airside operations
- Ramp safety procedures
- Moving aircraft
- Aircraft fuelling, off load, and arrival check
- Personal protective equipment
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention program
- Airside accident reporting
- Emergency situations
Download full outline and schedule
- Group discussions and exercises on risk assessment
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ramp staff
- Safety and operations officers
- Ground operations managers and supervisors
- Airport managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.
|Find related courses: