This course will provide you with essential knowledge on climate change and international climate policies and was designed by former World Bank carbon trading specialists, UN climate negotiators and aviation experts currently advising the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) negotiations.
Learn how to understand the emerging climate policy landscape and its implications for the aviation sector. This course will cover practical information on carbon management strategies including carbon offset best practices, aviation biofuels, and other ‘win-win’ opportunities.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify international climate policies for aviation industry
- Assess policy impacts currently under discussion at ICAO on airline and industry levels
- Evaluate emerging policies and their impact on specific aviation markets and aviation industry
- Apply ‘win-win’ carbon management strategies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation environment policy professionals
- Civil aviation authority staff
- Carbon market investors
- Climate change negotiators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.