Did you know that in the past 3 years, 694 participants from 75 countries have taken this course with IATA?
The study of Human Factors is about understanding human behavior and performance. When applied to aviation operations, Human Factors knowledge is used to optimize the fit between people and the systems in which they work in order to improve safety and performance. Gain a comprehensive overview of the effect and management of Human Factors in aviation with this foundation course. The operational Human Factors knowledge gained on this course can also be applied to safety investigation activities.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 19 - Feb 23, 2018 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
8 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant about basic aviation Human Factors concepts
- Understand key human performance issues relevant to aviation operations
- Integrate Human Factors knowledge into key areas of aviation operations
- Apply operational Human Factors knowledge to safety investigation activities
- Definitions, concepts and history
- Aviation Human Factors, management and the organization
- Human performance in aviation operations
- Fatigue and stress and how to manage them
- Human information processing and operational decision-making
- Human error and threat management
- Threat and Error Management (TEM) in flight operations, air traffic control and cabin operations
- Resource management training on the flight deck and in air traffic control
- Automation in the workplace
- The design of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and checklists
- Case studies
- Group exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All aviation roles especially safety-critical ones
- Pilots, flight crew, airline managers and operational staff
- Air traffic controllers and ANSP management
- Civil aviation authority, airport and aircraft maintenance staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.