This 5-day course will provide you with an overview of all relevant aspects of aviation law and regulation required in the airline industry and its partners/counterparts.
You will learn about the regulatory framework applicable to the airline industry from both a public and private international law perspective and gain an overview of the major international legal instruments and roles of institutional players in domestic, regional and international aviation regulation. There will be a comprehensive review of all relevant contractual relationships as well as standard contractual documentation including typical airline contracts, basic aircraft finance and data protection management guidelines.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Manageemnt
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the international regulatory frame work applicable to the aviation industry and the main public international legal instruments
- Analyze key private international legal instruments applicable to the airline industry
- Describe the recent changes in data protection and airline obligations
- Compare and contrast the different types of aircraft financing
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of legal risk allocation tools in relation to contractual obligations and relationships
- Describe and practice typical contract clauses through role-play activities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation professionals
- Airline managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.