DescriptionPrices & Registration
IATA has joined forces with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University–Worldwide (ERAU) to bring you an online Aviation
This Certificate program combines two key aviation courses from IATA and four courses from ERAU.
Designed for junior level managers currently working in the aviation industry or professionals entering the industry and seeking a managerial role, the certificate’s curriculum addresses topics such as the overview and interdependence of the air transportation system and fundamental skills required of supervisors and/or managers. Courses are offered fully online and are self-paced. Enrollment is open and courses can be started at any time.
What you will learn
this program, you will be able to:
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technologies
- Develop an understanding of strategic planning, planning models and adaptive planning
- Describe how management principles are applied in today’s competitive airline industry
- Develop an understanding of international aviation business management
- Develop an enhanced leadership self-awareness and a leadership philosophy
- This self-study online Certificate comprises 6 courses. These courses are open enrollment. You may register at any time on the IATA website.
- The purchase of the Certificate includes all 6 courses, to be completed within one year.
- Access details for the online courses will be provided to you via email by Embry-Riddle within 5 business days after payment confirmation by IATA Finance. Embry-Riddle will send an additional registration form that must be filled-out in order to complete the registration process.
Please note that the course material
is online only and that many of the course materials are not available for
- Role and function of airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers
- Effective marketing tools
- Roots of strategic planning, planning frameworks and adaptive planning considerations
- Management techniques, deregulation and its effect upon business considerations; and allocation of resources for maximum benefit to customers, airlines and shareholders.
- Geographic, social and cultural managerial elements within international aviation management.
- Definitions of leadership and understanding leadership in particular contexts.
6 Required courses
These 2 courses each require approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not be able to take the exam.
- Air Transport Fundamentals (IATA):This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system and the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.Find out more
- Airline Marketing (IATA): This course presents common airline marketing and commercial trends to help you revamp your marketing practices and develop an efficient marketing plan. Technology and effective methods of communication are becoming a vital part of customer retention. This course presents different tools that makes it easier to identify targets and objectives. We also take a closer look at airline alliances, its benefits and potential drawbacks. Find out more
These 4 courses require approximately 30 hours of study each, to be completed within 12 months.
- Airline Management (ERAU): An introduction to the administrative aspects of airline operation and management is provided in this course. Topics include the annual profit plan, uniform system of accounts and reports, demand analysis, scheduling, the theory of pricing, fleet planning, facilities planning, and airline financing.
- International Aviation Management (ERAU): You will perform an investigation of international aviation management and its three elements: the nature of international aviation business; working in a foreign environment; and managing in an international environment.
- Leadership Development (ERAU): This course will help you develop self-awareness as a leader. You will explore leadership styles and learn how to use leadership assessments to understand yourselves and develop high performing teams. You will learn about adaptive leadership while considering the adequacy of traditional theories for leading in complex environments. You will walk away from this course as more capable and confident leaders.
- Strategic Planning (ERAU): This course will introduce you to the essential components of strategic planning (Mission, Vision, Values, Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Action Items). The course will review how the elements of a strategic plan form a coherent framework for operationalizing an organization’s most important work. You will walk away with a toolkit for leading or participating in strategic planning within your organization.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
- Aviation professionals seeking a managerial/supervisory role
- Upon successful completion of each ERAU course, you will be awarded 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
successful completion of the complete IATA - Embry-Riddle Aviation Management Certificate program, you must request your certificate via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
All course material and exams are self-contained
within each course. Exams are completed at your own pace in the online course
and do not have to be scheduled separately.
- Passing grade is 60% correct answers
- You will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- To successfully pass the course, the student must achieve a grade of 70% or higher.
- 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded for the successful completion of each course.
Program graduates will also be awarded the IATA Aviation Management Professional (AvMP) designation. Please note that processing time may take up to 4 weeks from the date
they successfully complete the program.