Manage aviation quality and service with a systemic, process-driven approach. Over 5 days you will examine ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems requirements, and learn how to recognize and implement the key processes associated with a quality management system, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs. The course includes an in-depth review of quality standards and aviation quality requirements, and focusses on the relationships between service, quality and safety.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Sep 14 - Sep 18, 2020 - United Kingdom, London (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to to:
- Manage quality with a systemic, process-driven approach
- Develop a quality culture to increase customer satisfaction
- Recognize the key processes of a quality system and its implementation
- Summarize the relationship between the ISO 9001: 2015 model and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) quality standards
- Compare varied quality and service best practices within civil aviation
- Describe how to reduce costs using quality principles
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Air Navigation Service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.