DescriptionPrices & Registration
The course will provide you with a unique opportunity through gaming simulation to examine security dilemmas using the IATA computerized platform - SCENARIO. Over 3 days you will review emergency procedures based on active self and group learning, and engage in crisis management workshops. Using the skills you will learn during this course, you will design a process that will be tested through role play simulations on the computerized system. The gaming simulations will help you enhance your professional knowledge and develop effective emergency-situation management skills.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 07 - Nov 09, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of aviation emergency management
- Describe the contribution of gaming simulation methodology to organization resiliency
- Know how to create essential strategies needed for the management of critical situations
- Understand current and future security threats faced by aviation.
- Implementing international and national security legislation
- Learning AVSEC procedures and developing skills by practice
- International aviation security regulations and strategies
- Applying ICAO and IATA security manuals
- Responding to major security emergencies
- Utilizing a unique computerized gaming simulation software
- Current and emerging threats
- An introduction to terrorism and terrorist methods
- Threat assessment and risk management
- Contingency planning
- Crisis management
- Simulation exercises
- Emergency situation and Crisis management
- Risk management, and Threat assessment
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport, Airline, Civil Aviation Authority managers
- Airport Police, border control authorities and emergency response teams
- Transport administration representatives
- Aviation Business Continuity managers
- Aviation managers involved in contingency planning and crisis management.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.