IATA Resolution 753 on baggage tracking aims to encourage airlines to reduce baggage mishandling by implementing cross-industry baggage tracking. This is unanimously supported by IATA Airline Members in the global deployment of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). Modern baggage messaging standards are also encouraged to ensure accurate tracking of baggage in real-time. This course is targeted to baggage operations managers within airlines, airports and ground handlers who need to implement baggage tracking in the most effective and cost-efficient way across an airline route network and within individual airports.
Over 3 days, you will explore the different options to track baggage with a specific focus on RFID and learn how tracking data can be exchanged with other parties through the latest industry standards such as baggage XML messaging. You will also have hands-on practice of developing and refining your own baggage tracking implementation plan following the latest trends and best practices.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Apr 27 - Apr 29, 2020 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the opportunities for service improvements and cost reductions through the implementation of baggage tracking solutions
- Discuss the implementation process and predict potential points of concern
- Identify the priorities and roles of the other stakeholders in the process
- Investigate how new technology will support the implementation with minimum investment and maximum results
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline baggage managers
- Airport operations committee project managers
- Handling agreements managers
- Ground handlers
- Airport infrastructure managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.