With the variety of increasing threats, security has to be designed smartly and be risk-based driven. Explore the role of human factors in security screening and learn how to utilize behavioral analysis strategies.
During this 5 day course, discover the most recent screening methods. Learn how they can enhance your current security and protection strategy. Learn to utilize methodologies such as suspicious signs and indicators in passenger behavior, before even making contact with a passenger to increase efficiency and target high risk threats.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 03 - Feb 07, 2020 - United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and anticipate security and terror threats
- Assess a passenger's level of risk using a variety of tools to obtain information
- Create a culture of awareness within your organization
- Evaluate passenger data during the security check processes
- Apply questioning techniques to obtain additional information from passenger
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Experienced screening staff working in airports, airlines and law enforcement units
- Security managers
- Security screening supervisors
- Screening security personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.