As ICAO Member States begin to implement the Carbon Offset and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA), there is growing importance for airlines to have a carbon strategy to ensure their business is not only compliant but also profitable. There are three options to comply with the environmental goals of the industry: eligible carbon offsets; sustainable aviation fuel; and low-carbon aviation fuel that meets the ICAO sustainability criteria.
This two-day course will show you the implications of adopting each method, its challenges but also benefits. Participants will be provided with the tools to analyze carbon market dynamics, strategies and break down the low-carbon and sustainable aviation fuels concepts. You will receive a holistic view of each concept, including strategic implications and basic business case assessment.
As a unique opportunity, this course offers the participation to the ATAG 2019 Global Sustainable Aviation Forum. Join airlines, airports, ANSPs, manufacturers, suppliers, governments, NGOs and stakeholders for the leading aviation sustainability event of the year. In a one-day event, hear the views of specialists and experts and participate in interactive panel sessions on CORSIA, ICAO’s next steps for CORSIA and aviation’s role in sustainable mobility.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Estimate aviation’s role in carbon markets, current function and perspectives
- Identify and compare carbon trading mechanisms, dynamics and strategies
- Assess the impact of global policy initiatives and global market-based measures (MBM) on the aviation industry
- Analyze the benefits of Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) for aviation and their environmental impacts
- Describe the concept of lower carbon aviation fuels, their environmental impacts, and how they may comply under CORSIA.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline managers
- Environment, treasury and corporate communication managers
- Civil aviation authorities, airlines, and environment agencies
- Government agencies and employees
- Fuel purchasers, suppliers, logistics providers and traders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.