Air cargo business leaders are facing an unprecedented and volatile environment, and the theories and models that guided decision making in the past no longer provide all the answers. The course gives in-depth exploration of the fundamentals of cargo airline business management strategy, skills, and development tools, and equips participants with critical competencies to succeed in an ever-changing global air cargo business environment.
Through lectures and a business simulation game you will gain a comprehensive and practical insight into advanced cargo airline business management. You will make executive-level decisions as part of the simulation game, drawing on your experience and knowledge acquired during the course to achieve the desired business objectives.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 09 - Nov 13, 2020 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the competitive forces that influence corporate success
- Identify which departments are critical and how they interact within an organization
- Develop crucial skills needed to lead cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Practice advanced strategic and managerial skills
- Recognize the leadership needed to monitor and evaluate an organizations performance
- Know the value of firms and the strategies valued by shareholders
- Understand effective marketing strategies to exceed customers’ expectations
- Analyse the key elements of contribution management and KPI monitoring
- Business strategy and planning principles, planning cycle, and monitoring tools
- Setting strategies and plans into action with a focus on goals and return on investment (ROI)
- Leading trends, innovation, and improvement processes
- Key elements for profitability and KPI structure
- Market and competitor research, analyses, and tracking
- Contribution method essentials, and benefits of optimization
- Leading an organization in challenging times
- Future marketing tools and advertisement channels
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Interactive business games
- Case studies and analysis
- Guest speaker
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management level, high potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: