Air cargo is an important income generating opportunity for an airport. This condensed three day course will provide you with the knowledge you need to start building and developing your cargo business network. Learn how to invigorate your marketing campaigns and craft fresh ideas to attract new cargo business to your airport. Through discussions, practical examples and exercises, gain insight into the factors that drive the air cargo business and learn new practices for leveraging them.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 13 - Feb 15, 2019 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify cargo market opportunities and the benefits they can bring your airport
- Understand the regulatory framework that shapes the air cargo industry
- Identify airline development decision makers that will help you enhance your network
- Plan competitive strategies that attract new airline customers
- Build your market strategy around your airport’s strengths
- Industry players and their roles
- Economic importance of air cargo
- Special handling of air cargo
- Passenger and air cargo opportunities
- Emerging trends in air cargo
- Industry policies and the consequences for air cargo
- Airport commercial plan
- Airlines network development decision making
- Air cargo and airport long-term strategic planning
- Strategies to attract air cargo business
- Marketing your services and solutions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers with cargo business development or planning responsibilities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.