Did you know that in the past 3 years, 71 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Handling claims in air cargo involves the application of a strict documentary process in line with the specific legal frameworks applicable. A correct claims process will lead to proper settlement of claims mitigating potential frustration of any stakeholder involved.
This course will provide you with the knowledge of the current crucial legal aspects of carriage of cargo by air for all industry stakeholders who are concerned with effective cargo claims handling and loss prevention.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Dec 09 - Dec 10, 2019 - China, Beijing (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify legal instruments in the air cargo industry
- Process cargo claims
- Create more effective and efficient claims
- Identify obligations and the right of a claimant
- Intermediate and Management
- The nature, sources and principles of legal framework in air cargo industry
- The 1929 Warsaw Convention
- The 1955 Hague Protocol
- The 1975 Montreal Protocol
- The 1999 Montreal Convention
- General conditions of carriage
- Conditions of contract
- Obligation and right of the shipper/consignee/claimant
- Cargo claims handling procedures, awareness and prevention
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines and freight forwarders insurance manager and legal counsel
- Airlines and freight forwarders claims managers
- Claims process personnel
- Aviation lawyers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.