Did you know that in the past 5 years, 589 participants from 62 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Do you want to become an air cargo expert and understand the operational framework and processes to ship cargo by air? Air cargo transportation is all about ensuring critical supply chains are not disrupted, meanwhile guaranteeing the transportation is conducted in a safe and profitable way. At the same time the applicable laws and regulations need to be respected.Over five days you will greatly enhance your knowledge on the complex methods and procedures applied in the global air cargo industry. You will acquire solid cargo knowledge, helping you and your company to face the challenges of your highly competitive working environment.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jan 21 - Jan 25, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
7 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the specific air cargo ‘language’ and terms
- Outline the end-to-end process overview of air cargo transportation from booking up to delivery to the consignee
- Use IATA’s The Air Cargo Tariff and Rules (TACT) manuals for specific country and carrier regulations
- Apply the correct cargo acceptance procedures
- Understand the conditions of carriage
- Complete an air waybill, the official contract of carriage
- Calculate air transportation charges
- Provide a basic customer service skills set to participants
- Overview of air cargo industry regulations
- World geography and calculation of transportation times
- Aircraft structure, layout, limitation, and Unit Load Device (ULD)
- Handling facilities
- Special cargo
- Cargo documentation
- Basic rating
- Carrier’s liability and valuation
- Customer service skills
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Cargo operations and ground handling staff
Shippers, cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders and other agencies involved in the transport of cargo
Cargo instructors and instructional designers responsible for cargo training
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.