Did you know that in the past 3 years, 72 participants from 14 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course is designed for participants engaged in Warehouse Operations including ULD handling, ULD Airworthiness control and ULD Build-up either at an elementary or supervisory level. During the course you will have a chance to observe practical work in the warehouse and link it together with classroom theory.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 27 - Apr 30, 2020 - Germany, Frankfurt (FRA-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Know and execute IATA and regulatory compliances in the warehouse
- Confidently control, handle, store and determine ULD airworthiness and weight limits
- Summarize the ULD certification process
- Identify the different ULD types and loadability
- Know how to plan and restrain cargo when distributing load in/on a ULD for an aircraft
- Identify the different loading procedures for non-standard cargo
- Warehouse processes and safety
- The functions and certification requirements of ULDs
- Handling, storage, airworthiness and loadability of ULDs
- Planning of ULDs in maximum size/contour and weight for different aircraft types according to the ULDR/AHM
- The build-up of ULDs for aircraft and cargo restraint according to the ULDR/AHM
- Observing on the job ULD build-up in practice
- Loading of non-standard cargo such as AVI, PER and dangerous goods and restraint of “Special Cargo”
- Group work and exercises
- Observing on-the-job tasks in the warehouse
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse staff engaged in ULD build up tasks
- Staff engaged in warehouse supervision
- Staff involved in the load planning of aircraft and RFS services
- ULD control management staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please note that this Certificate is only valid for 24 months
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.