IATA Cargo XML
Standard Accepted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency
Learn how to implement Cargo-XML messaging in your organization and improve electronic communications. Cargo-XML aims to facilitate cargo business processes, fulfill regulatory requirements for Advance Cargo Information (ACI), and comply with security regulations like Electronic Consignment Security Declaration (e-CSD).
During this course you will analyze how Cargo-XML standards improve information exchange both within a company and between different stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwards, ground handlers, airlines, regulators, and customs and security agencies. Using the IATA Cargo-XML manual and toolkit, learn how to implement Cargo-XML within your organization and how to convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 05 - Nov 07, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for improved electronic messaging within the e-cargo business
- Use the Cargo-XML manual and toolkit
- Implement Cargo-XML
- Convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Improve data quality within your organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- E-Cargo project managers
- IT implementation managers and service providers
- Data quality managers
- Technology managers from customs or border protection authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.