Did you know that in the past 3 years, 99 participants from 15 countries have taken this course with IATA?
The IATA Integrated Risk Management (IRM) methodology has been specially designed for the aviation industry, to be used as a guide for airlines, ground handlers, airports and regulatory authorities to move from operational safety risk assessment to a fully integrated risk management across the organization. Over 4 days, learn about the IATA IRM methodology and obtain the tools to implement a risk management process within your organization – from corporate risks to operational-related risks.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
|Feb 25 - Feb 28, 2020 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the challenges impeding the risk management implementation and the importance for a holistic risk management
- Describe and tailor-fit the IATA IRM methodology to implement a best-fit risk management process
- Conduct a corporate risk management workshop in your organization to develop comprehensive risk registers using the sample templates provided
- Use the risk profiles and risk treatment action plans (risk registers) developed in the course as samples to be further customized to fit your professional area
- The need for risk management and how to achieve business goals and to comply with regulatory requirements (e.g. ISO31000, AIRMIC)
- What is risk? – what can go wrong and what can go right
- Types of controls available
- Risk management (RM) components
- IRM framework – linkage to strategy
- Sample risk model
- Risk assessment methodology and risk rating parameters
- RM oversight structure and terms of reference RM policy and RM process guidelines
- RM register; RM awareness, communication and training
- RM performance measure
- Critical requirements for RM implementation and benefits of RM to sustain buy-in
- A sample airline pack
- Practical exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Senior management
- Risk management personnel
- Aviation professionals in strategy or corporate planning, commercial, operational areas, support functions
- Regulators and civil aviation authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.