Learn the aviation-specific knowledge that you will need to become an accredited verifier for ICAO’s Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA). For CORSIA, verifiers must be accredited to ISO 14065:2013 and demonstrate additional CORSIA-specific technical competencies.
Over 4 days you will gain aviation-specific competencies that you will need to verify emissions reports under CORSIA to identify potential misstatements and non-conformities, as well as learn the requirements under Annex 16, volume IV, of the Chicago Convention; general technical processes in the field of civil aviation; aviation fuels and related processes; fuel use monitoring and measurement devices and procedures; and data management systems and controls.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- No prerequisites are needed, but experience in verification is preferable
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|May 26 - May 29, 2020 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain verification requirements in CORSIA
- Assess the scope and complexity of a verification
- Assess the risks related to the monitoring of fuel data and prepare a verification plan
- Identify key information to verify an operator’s emissions report
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.