Data breach penalties can be very high but reputational loss comes at an even higher cost! Put your money to better use by learning to evaluate the reasons that hinder a global consensus on how to balance the right of privacy. You will also explore the needs of governments and commercial organizations to collect and use personal data. At the end of the course you will be able to identify solutions to keep your clients happy, their data safe and avoid sanctions. Over the 2-day training you will be provided with the background on how data protection has evolved and a full view on where this is today. You will be able to identify the best ways to keep your business running and how to keep your own data and your customers’ data safe.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Oct 30 - Oct 31, 2019 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of our modern technological age that necessitate the regulation of collection, storage and transfer of data
- Explain the major activities on data protection carried out by international actors, such as the Council of Europe and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Evaluate the data protection principles
- Evaluate how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects multinational corporations and non-EU corporations
- European Convention on Human Rights
- OECD Guidelines on the Protection of Privacy and Trans-border Flows of Personal Data
- Convention for the protection of individuals with regard to the automatic processing of personal data
- Safe harbor agreement
- EU GDPR
- Rights of data subjects
- Cross-border data transfer
- Enforcement, sanctions and remedies
- Case studies
- Group discussions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Information security professionals
- Lawyers and legal professionals
- Compliance officers
- Data protection officers
- Risk and privacy managers
- Professionals handling personal data
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.