In today’s age of the digital customer, aviation isn’t spared from disruptions by digital players and tech giants. As customer expectations are evolving, airlines' future performance will depend on how quickly they can adapt. There is a growing need for data analysts, tech-savvy accountants, finance professionals and value-stream managers who understand digitalization and the transforming airline business. This three-day course will equip you with data analytics tools that will allow you to shift from number crunching to financial analytics and forecasting, and answer questions such as: How can airlines benefit from automation and the use of new technologies? Which infrastructure is required to prepare your airline for a future in which decisions are based on data? And how can you support the business through analytics and recommendations that will add value and enhance commercial performance?
You will learn how to interpret business needs and build financial models that will assist in decision-making, in particular revenue forecast, modelling for cost of maintenance and flight operations, and optimized deployment of assets. You will also learn how to implement data analytics for better compliance and control, strategic risk and resilience, and improved overall data-driven financial management.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training, and is part of the IATA Finance Academy.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a university degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economics and at least 2 years work experience in airline finance (not necessarily in the Finance department)
Recommended level is Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Nov 18 - Nov 20, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Implement technology or improve the use of technology at your airline
- Use data analytics to interpret business needs
- Build financial models that will assist in decision-making
Who should attend
This course is recommended for Managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.