As a manager involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air, this course will give you a high level overview of the management of dangerous goods (DG) for cargo and passengers. Our aim is to equip you with a greater level of knowledge of dangerous goods to help you in your management decision making processes. You will examine the regulatory framework principles, review the classification of hazardous materials and assess the associated safety risks related to the transportation of dangerous goods by air.
Over 2 days of instruction, mini-workshops and group discussions you will develop a greater understanding of the operational environment related to the transportation of dangerous goods by air. This will include the cargo supply chain and regulatory requirements providing you with a better understanding of the risks and consequences of safety issues that can have a direct impact on your operations and organization strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the regulatory framework of dangerous goods transport principles
- Recognize the risks related to hazardous materials
- Apply lessons learned in your decision making process
- Understand the latest changes and updates in regulation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Supervisory cargo operation managers
- Managers and executives from airlines, airport and ground service providers
- Functional managers recently, or soon to be transitioned into an operation leadership position
- Training managers, Instructors, Compliance officers, Inspectors
An IATA Certificate of Attendance is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the course.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.