The audit requirements, procedures and skills you need to become a dangerous goods auditor.
Learn how to perform a dangerous goods audit by breaking down and analyzing each stage: the audit scope, objectives, follow-up and closure. Practice techniques to deliver measurable results, and learn how to collect evidence in order to measure compliance with corporate policies, standards and regulatory requirements, and other aviation regulatory agencies.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants must have a valid DGR - Category 6 certificate for the entire duration of the course they attend.
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 09 - Mar 13, 2020 - South Africa, Johannesburg (ATNS-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan an internal dangerous goods audit and know who to involve
- Design and conduct a dangerous goods audit that fulfils regulatory requirements
- Utilize the tools needed to plan a dangerous goods audit
- Evaluate the implementation of a corrective action plan and conduct follow up to ensure compliance
- Close an audit following corporate policies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Quality, safety and operations managers
- Station and cargo operations managers
- Airline internal auditors responsible for dangerous goods audit
- Internal auditors from airport authorities
- Civil Aviation Authorities responsible for validating the dangerous goods training records, documentation, handling and loading procedures
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is warded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.