For personnel listed in category 9, 11,& 12 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Dangerous goods can be hidden in everyday household items such as bleaches, aerosols, and perfumes. If you work with passengers or are involved in the security screening of passengers and crew members, it is essential to know how to treat the items that can pose a threat to a flight.
Using IATA’s eLearning platform, this course is an interactive and cost-effective-way to fulfill your dangerous goods training requirements as a cabin crew member, security staff or passenger handling agent.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in baggage
- Understand provisions for dangerous goods in the baggage of passengers and crew
- Follow basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cabin crew members and inflight operations managers
- Passenger handling personnel
- Security screening personnel
- Airline training specialists
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 20
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3