DescriptionPrices & Registration
For personnel listed in category 4 & 7 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Even if dangerous goods handling is not part of your job description, you must know how to recognize dangerous cargo to prevent its unsafe transport. This course allows you to comply with training requirements as operator or freight forwarder staff involved in processing cargo, mail or stores other than dangerous goods.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Interpret a Shipper’s Declaration
- Understand basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
Course format: This is a self-study IATA eLearning course
- This course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within one year.
- All candidates will be given 3 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- Classification - Classes and Divisions
- Marking and Labeling
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
Download full outline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarder and general cargo acceptance personnel processing cargo, mail, or stores other than dangerous goods
- IATA cargo agent staff
- Cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher.
- This self-study eLearning course is a quick and flexible training method that allows you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform.
|Find related courses: