DescriptionPrices & Registration
For personnel listed in category 4 & 7 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Even if dangerous goods handling is not part of your job description, you must know how to recognize dangerous cargo to prevent its unsafe transport. This course allows you to comply with training requirements as operator or freight forwarder staff involved in processing cargo, mail or stores other than dangerous goods.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Interpret a Shipper’s Declaration
- Understand basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- This self-study eLearning course requires approximately 4 - 6 hours of study, to be completed within one year.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Classification - Classes and Divisions
- Marking and Labeling
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarder and general cargo acceptance personnel processing cargo, mail, or stores other than dangerous goods
- IATA cargo agent staff
- Cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 25
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3
About IATA eLearning Training
- This self-study eLearning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- eLearning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform.
|Find related courses: