Though dangerous goods handling is not part of your job description, you must know how to recognize dangerous cargo to prevent its transport. This course allows you to comply with training requirements as operator or freight forwarder staff involved in processing cargo, mail or stores other than dangerous goods.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Interpret a Shipper’s Declaration
- Understand basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- Classification - Classes and Divisions
- Marking and Labeling
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
Download full course outline
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarder and general cargo acceptance personnel processing cargo, mail, or stores other than dangerous goods
- IATA cargo agent staff
- Cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
The IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
Course Duration: 4 hours (approximately)
Note: It is recommended that students have a copy of the Dangerous Goods Training Workbook 5. The successful completion of this course does not meet the CASS accreditation requirements for IATA Cargo Agents.
Exam and Certificate
All candidates will be given three attempts to successfully complete the exam at the end of the course. To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
Upon successful completion of the exam, the student will be provided with a DGR Awareness e-Certificate that can be printed.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.