Safety is paramount in the aviation industry: Ensure that you know how to read and apply the regulations for the transport of dangerous goods by air. These regulations include legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling, and documentation to ensure the safe transportation of these goods. Gain the competencies to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2019 - South Africa, Johannesburg (ATNS-RTP)
28 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply IATA’s DGR manual and verify the correctness of dangerous goods transport documents
- Perform the responsibilities involved in accepting, storing, loading and inspecting dangerous goods
- Understand the legal responsibilities involved with the transportation of dangerous good
- Interpret and review the current IATA DGR manual
- Responsibilities of operator and shipper
Excepted and limited quantities
State and operators’ variations
Classification and identification
Packaging, marking, and labeling requirements
Shipment of radioactive materials
- Loading, storage and inspection and emergency procedures
Air waybill, Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods, and Notification to Captain
Note: Please come prepared with a Calculator: This course involves calculation exercises, please bring a calculator.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
Cargo operations and ground handling staff
Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods
Shippers, cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders
Instructional designers and instructors of DGR
Note: This course meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 6 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.