Revalidate your 24-month ICAO/IATA DGR requirement with the latest ICAO/IATA amendments and directives!
It is mandatory to undergo recurrent DGR training every 24 months on the latest regulations and trends related to the carriage of dangerous goods. This refresher course provides awareness of the current legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling and documentation regulation for dangerous goods, all in accordance with the current edition of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants must hold a valid DGR Category 6 certificate for the entire duration of the course they attend. If your certificate is older than 2 years, please register for the DGR - Initial course.
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 26 - Mar 28, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
11 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Fulfil the 24-month ICAO/IATA recurrent dangerous goods training requirement
Apply the recent updates of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
Understand and utilize latest ICAO and IATA amendments and directives
Review and share practical aspects of dangerous goods handling with your peers
- Interpret and review the current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
- Excepted and limited quantities
- State and operators’ variations
- Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements
- UN specifications
- Limited quantities, overpacks
- Compatibility and segregation of packages
- Shipment of radioactive materials
- Loading, storage and inspection
- Emergency procedures
- Update on the shipment of radioactive materials
- Update on air waybill, Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods, and Notification to Captain requirements
Please come prepared with the following materials:
DGR Manual: A key reference tool, this manual will be available on loan to each participant for the duration of the course.
Calculator: This course involves calculation exercises, please bring a calculator.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
Cargo operations and ground handling staff
Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods shipments
Shippers, cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders and others
Instructional designers and instructors responsible for dangerous goods training
The DGR Recurrent course meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 6 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.