DescriptionPrices & Registration
Delivered in media-rich and interactive animation, this course is a journey that begins by comparing existing direct and indirect air distribution channels. Then it presents today’s emerging distribution systems supported by New Distribution Capability (NDC) standards. You will appreciate how airlines optimally distribute their products and services through their own website channels and how the industry is working to replicate the same functionality in indirect channels used by travel agents and other intermediaries. This course ends with a tour of innovative enhancements in distribution that is only possible in an NDC environment. Such enhancements benefit all players in the travel value chain, creating an improved user and customer experience. This course will satisfy your curiosity around NDC, dispel potential myths and provide practical learning through NDC simulation.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the advantages and limitations inherent to making and managing flight reservations via traditional indirect channels
- Describe how New Distribution Capability (NDC) enables airline suppliers and online booking engines to enhance direct distribution of travel products, especially ancillary sales
- Implement new technologies to enhance the travel shopping experience for self-service consumers
- Anticipate the value that the next generation of New Distribution Capability (NDC) will create for travellers and the travel industry
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Airline distribution life cycle
- Direct and indirect distribution TMC (Travel Management Company)
- Airline distribution capability
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- One order
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents, tour operators, business process outsourcing (BPO) call centers
- Airline reservation and ticket agents
- Agency/airline marketing and sales staff
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate, with unique serial number available for you to print for your records.
About IATA e-learning training
- This self-study e-learning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- E-learning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our e-learning platform.