Become an expert in e-business processes and standards, and understand the role of technology in air freight in order to assess and prepare your organization for the adoption of e-freight. This four-day course will provide you with the latest developments in e-cargo procedures, standard electronic messaging, and e-air waybill business rules. Learn about information exchange, system integration, and the technical requirements for core documents.
Air cargo procedures and standards involve the use of many types of documents and the movement of millions of document pouches worldwide. Air cargo should move towards electronic documents, becoming paperless, to increase its efficiency, and preserve the environment.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply e-freight handbook methodology
- Implement e-freight standards
- Automate cargo processes
- Implement e-Cargo initiatives such as e-freight and e-AWB
- Launch successful e-AWB program
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Any airline industry stakeholder intending to adopt e-freight
- Authorities responsible for e-Cargo
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.