Did you know that in the past 3 years, 663 participants from 81 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course gives you the skills you need to take on a leadership role in an airline emergency response organization. Learn about the design, implementation and optimization of an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) according to industry practice and regulatory requirements. To ensure readiness and cooperation among all staff, review training methods that will help you deliver ERP exercises, and rally support from involved parties.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 10 - Oct 12, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan, develop and execute an emergency plan, plus coordinate the parties and processes involved
- Advocate for the role and responsibilities of the emergency planning specialist within an airline
- Follow ICAO, the National Transportation Safety Board and State regulations
- Train airline staff for an emergency response or other crisis situation
- Identify and outline areas for improvement in an emergency response situation
- Developing an emergency response plan
- Emergency response organization
- Airline responsibilities and compliance (SMS, FAP, IOSA)
- Emergency response network
- Alarm and mobilization
- Emergency response plan
- Station emergency response planning
- Special assistance team basics / Humanitarian Response incl. Inquiry / Family Assistance Center
- Go-Team organization
- Crisis communication basics
- Command center missions
- Emergency response facilities
- Emergency response plan implementation: instruction, training and exercises
- Emergency response exercise
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency Response Planners and deputies
- Chief Operating Officers, Emergency Directors and deputies
- Coordinators, Chiefs of Staff of airline Crisis Centers and deputies
- Go-Team Leaders
- Flight Operations Managers and Ground Operations Managers with a leading role in an Emergency Response
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: