Did you know that in the past 3 years, 772 participants from 87 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Airlines must have the ability and the capacity to respond to a disaster (e.g. aircraft accidents, non-aircraft occurrences) or a crisis with knowledgeable, trained and skilled persons with appropriate qualifications on the managerial and expert / specialist level. This course gives you the skills you need to take on a leadership role in an airline emergency response organization. Learn about the design, implementation and optimization of an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) according to industry practice and regulatory requirements. To ensure readiness and cooperation among all staff, review training methods that will help you deliver ERP exercises, and rally support from involved parties.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
|Aug 20 - Aug 23, 2019 - Canada, Montreal (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan, develop and execute an emergency plan, plus coordinate the parties and processes involved
- Advocate for the role and responsibilities of the emergency planning specialist within an airline
- Follow ICAO, the National Transportation Safety Board and State regulations
- Train airline staff for an emergency response or other crisis situation
- Identify and outline areas for improvement in an emergency response situation
- Emergency response organization and network
- Airline responsibilities and compliance (SMS, FAP, IOSA)
- Alarm and notification
- Emergency response plan
- Station emergency response planning
- Special assistance team basics / Humanitarian Response incl. Inquiry / Family Assistance Center
- Go-Team organization
- Crisis communication basics
- Command center missions
- Emergency response facilities
- Emergency response plan implementation: instruction, training and exercises
- Emergency response exercise
- Business Continuity Planning
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency Response Planners and deputies
- Chief Operating Officers, Emergency Directors and coordinators of emergency command centers
- Go-Team Leaders
- Flight Operations Managers and Ground Operations Managers with a leading role in an Emergency Response
- Station Managers, Special Assistance Team Managers and company spokespersons
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: