Did you know that in the past 3 years, 38 participants from 13 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Effective compliance programs are crucial to any company. Antitrust laws are serious and we treat them as such. This training will enable you to provide guidance regarding setting up internal compliance programs for your company. You will gain a comprehensive overview and comparison of EU, US and other global competition and antitrust rules with a strong focus on relevant case laws. The course will walk you through the global competition rules and provide the tools to manage abuse of a dominant position. You will know how to act in certain situations and what you should be careful of during your meetings.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 2-3 years of experience in their field of expertise
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|May 18 - May 20, 2020 - France, Paris (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Compare and apply global competition and antitrust rules relevant to aviation
- Analyze and comprehend relevant case law of courts in the US, EU and other jurisdictions
- Provide guidance for the creation of internal compliance programs
- EU Competition Law
- US Antitrust Law
- Global competition rules
- Price-fixing and other agreements in restraint of trade, e.g., the cargo surcharge cases
- Competition / antitrust rules for mergers, codeshare and interlining, alliances and joint ventures
- Abuse of a dominant position
- Competition authorities and enforcement
- Compliance programs
- Review key court decisions, laws and regulations
- Case simulations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation lawyers
- Compliance officers
- Commercial managers and executives with responsibility for relations with other airlines (including alliances and codeshares) and international organizations
- Government officials and representatives of international organizations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: