Did you know that in the past 5 years, 208 participants from 37 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Gain up-to-date knowledge of the particularities, requirements and challenges faced by airlines operating to, from or within the European Union (EU). Demonstrate sound knowledge of the aviation context of the EU and its Single Aviation Market. Respond to issues related to passenger protection, data protection and the EU Emission Trading Scheme.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 16 - Oct 18, 2019 - United Kingdom, London (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Respond to the unique challenges and regulatory requirements in the EU
- Prepare for the inauguration or expansion of service to and from the EU
- Summarize the concept that makes the EU Single Aviation Market
- Define the legal framework in the EU relevant to aviation and passengers
- Apply the EU Emission Trading System (ETS)
- EU Air and Aviation Law in the international context
- EU single aviation market
- The third package and liberalization
- Operating license requirements
- Ground handling
- Slot allocation
- Passenger protection
- Denied boarding, cancellation, delay
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Information on operating carrier and “blacklist”
- Package travel
- Data protection
- The Emission Trade Scheme (ETS
- Review key court decisions, laws and regulations
- Practical exercises
- Case simulations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation Lawyers
- Government Officials
- Representatives of international organizations
- Lawyers working in private practice, including law firms, insurance and the manufacturing industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.