In the effort to provide passengers with greater control of their travel and reduced queueing time, self-service solutions have long been offered with the collaboration of airports and airlines. Fast Travel is a key initiative of the Simplifying the Business (StB) program whose objective is to address future passenger needs by providing them with self-service options across the travel journey.
From check-in to automated document check, baggage drop-off, flight re-booking, and self-boarding to name a few, this course will provide you with the necessary information and skills to carry out your transformational projects through industry recommended practices and in-depth understanding of successful Fast Travel implementations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have good knowledge of passenger handling processes
- Recommended level is Management level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Mar 21 - Mar 22, 2019 - China, Beijing (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify priorities, and key stakeholders to engage, in the implementation process
- Describe the implementation process and considerations to mitigate risks
- Apply an integrated approach to developing your implementation roadmap
- Develop a business case for implementing Fast Travel (self-service) solutions for a seamless travel experience
- Identify the latest technologies that will impact traveler touchpoints
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger experience managers
- Airport passenger experience managers
- Regulators / Authorities
- Airport infrastructure managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.