DescriptionPrices & Registration
Geography is central to tourism as travelers take into account the travel time, routing, and local climate when choosing a vacation destination. In order to successfully sell travel products, you need to understand what drives tourist decisions and what geographically sets places apart. Study world geography and time zones to better advise clients on travel destinations and tours, and explore different regional modes of transport to offer customized travel itineraries.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Plan travel itineraries
- Read maps using longitude and latitude
- Use three-letter city and airport codes
- Market and sell different types of geography based travel (physical, cultural and destination)
- Understand different modes of transport around the world
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Marketing and selling geography based travel
- Understanding and reading maps
- Three-letter city codes
- Planning travel itineraries
- Currencies and currency codes
- World time zones
- Different modes of transport around the world
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airline sales and service staff members
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Important note: The exam should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the exam you can no longer access the course module.
About IATA e-learning training
- This self-study e-learning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- E-learning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform. Alternatively, you may enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.