This course has been developed to complement the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) Seminar and Workshops organized by IATA in various regions to support the industry in the implementation of IGOM. In this course, you will learn the scope, applicability and benefits of IGOM. You will also be able to prepare an implementation strategy and run an IGOM implementation project within your company, which will lead integration of IGOM into your operations.
The IGOM has been developed as the single industry manual for ground operations defining ground handling procedures for airlines and ground service providers to ensure ground operations activities are accomplished safely, efficiently, and effectively. Procedures reflect the minimum standards as identified by the aviation industry, striving to reduce operational complexity, training requirements, injuries and ground damages. IGOM is also the reference tool for ISAGO audits as an acceptable means of compliance.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Ground operations and processes in the scope of the IGOM
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Dec 17 - Dec 19, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the scope and applicability of IGOM
- Design and conduct an IGOM Implementation project
- Complete a Gap Analysis between IGOM and your company GOM
- Prepare the IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Integrate IGOM into a company’s own GOM
- Communicate and assign the responsibilities for monitoring, training and oversight
- Monitor and report on the IGOM benefits
- IGOM applicability and specifics procedures
- IGOM Implementation Project
- IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Gap Analysis Techniques
- Review the internal GOM and providing assistance with the Gap Analysis
- Integration of IGOM within a company’s own existing procedures
- IGOM Updates
- State Variations
- Communication with stakeholders
- IGOM Benefits
- Responsibility for monitoring, reporting, training
- Examples of GOM reviews and gap analysis
Every participant receives a complimentary electronic copy of the latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM).. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
* Please check the system requirements for the installation of the IGOM
The IGOM software web download* (single user license) represents a value of $155 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground Operations managers
- Procedure and policy developers
- Safety and Risk managers
- Quality and Compliance managers
- Station managers and Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.