DescriptionPrices & Registration
Learn how to prevent incidents and accidents by using a documented and structured approach to safety management in Air Traffic Management. You will be taught how to apply the concepts of Team Resource Management (TRM) and specifically Threat and Error Management (TEM).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants are encouraged to read as much as possible before the course, from the Reference list which will be provided after registration.
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Relate accident causation models to ATM
- Apply accident prevention and investigation methods
- Review ICAO Safety Management Systems (SMS) in Air Traffic Management
- Use TRM concepts in everyday operations
- Apply the Threat and Error Management (TEM) framework to ATM
- Analyze TEM countermeasures and know how to apply them
- Be conversant in error avoidance
- Aviation incident and accident prevention models
- Incident and accident investigation requirements, techniques and working practices in accordance with ICAO Annex 13 standards
- ICAO and ATM Safety
- Safety risk management
- Documenting safety requirements
- Safety assurance
- The evolution of Team Resource Management (TRM) from Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- TRM concepts and safety management
- Threat and Error Management (TEM)
- ICAO Normal Operations Safety Survey (NOSS)
- Team training and team climate
- TEM countermeasures and execution
- Error avoidance in Air Traffic Control
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Operational staff and managers of providers of Air Traffic Management
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.