Examine technical aspects of how to ship infectious substances by air (Division 6.2 - Category B), and how to promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace.
Important Note: the 4th edition of the
Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines course will be released on December 2nd,
2016. The online exam for the course will be based on the 3rd
edition until January 3rd, 2017. If you do purchase the course
before December 2nd, 2016 and want to take the exam after January 3rd,
2017, please ensure that you are familiar with the updated content of the DGR
Manual 58th. You can find detailed information on the Significant Changes to the 58 th Edition (pdf) by
following the link
Course format: This distance learning course is available in printed format.
- This course requires approximately 8 – 10 hours of study, to be completed in one year.
- All candidates will be given 1 attempt to successfully complete the online exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
- Review the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Use our step-by step workbook with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments by ensuring compliance
- Classification, labeling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for Infectious Substances
- Interactive exercises on proper completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances to ensure shipment compliance with Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Discussions of key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company employees
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.