Examine technical aspects of how to ship infectious substances by air (Division 6.2 - Categories A & B), and how to promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace.
Important Note: the 4th edition of the
Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines course was released on December 2nd,
2016. If you have purchased the course
before December 2nd, 2016 and want to take the exam after January 3rd,
2017, please ensure that you are familiar with the updated content of the DGR
Manual 59th edition. You can find detailed information in the Significant Changes to the 59th Edition (pdf).
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
- Review the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Use our step-by step workbook with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments by ensuring compliance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company employees
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 79
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.