Examine technical aspects of how to ship infectious substances by air (Division 6.2 - Category B), and how to promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in printed format.
- This course requires approximately 8 – 10 hours of study, to be completed in one year.
- All candidates will be given 1 attempt to successfully complete the online exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
- Review the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Use our step-by step workbook with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments by ensuring compliance
- Classification, labeling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for Infectious Substances
- Interactive exercises on proper completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances to ensure shipment compliance with Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Discussions of key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company employees
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.