Examine technical aspects of how to ship infectious substances by air (Division 6.2 - Categories A & B), and how to promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace.
Important Note: The 5th edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines will be released in December 2018. If you have purchased the course before its release in December 2018 and want to take the exam after January 2019, please ensure that you are familiar with the updated content of the DGR Manual 60th edition. You can find detailed information in the Significant Changes to the 60th Edition (pdf).
Course formatThis course is available in textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center or Accredited Training School to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 8-10 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
- Review the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Use our step-by step workbook with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments by ensuring compliance
- Classification, labeling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for Infectious Substances
- Interactive exercises on proper completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances to ensure shipment compliance with Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Discussions of key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company employees
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 79
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.